Thursday, April 19, 2012

Upside Down Pizza

So, several weeks ago I was trying to come up with a few ideas for some cooking demos/classes that I wanted to hold.  I was flipping through a magazine and came across a recipe for a healthier version of a Pineapple Upside Down Cake and while that looked interesting it wasn't going to do anything for the "Italian" themed class that I thought would be fun to teach.
        ~  However, it did give me an idea for a "fun" pizza!  ~
Looking at the picture of that Upside Down Cake it made me wonder - what would it be like to make an Upside Down Pizza?  So, me being me, and always trying to think beyond the norm in the kitchen, I tried it!  Thus my Upside Down Pizza was born!


Upside Down Pizza:


In a round deep dish pan (after it has been sprayed with a bit of Olive Oil) -


lay down your cut veggie toppings,
on top of the veggies place you cooked/chopped meats,
and then layer o your thick sauce,
cheese,
bread dough that is then dimpled with oil.


Bake in a 365*-375* oven for approximately 18-20 minutes (or until bread is done).
Pull out of oven, place a serving plate over your pizza dish, using two hands quickly invert the deep dish pan onto the serving plate.
Slice "pizza" with a pizza cutter & serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment